9576855239_4889e98616_o.jpg
5866124705_fdd517fa97_b.jpg
6382615909_818a59acfe_o.jpg
9576855239_4889e98616_o.jpg

The Parish


The Parish of Warborough consists of 2 villages, Warborough and
Shillingford, and has a combined population of c.1,000 people.

SCROLL DOWN

The Parish


The Parish of Warborough consists of 2 villages, Warborough and
Shillingford, and has a combined population of c.1,000 people.

The Parish

The Parish Council aims to represent the interests of these residents and to preserve the environment for the enjoyment of the villagers, visitors and future generations.

The Parish Council consists of 7 Parish Councillors and the Parish Clerk. The Council meets at 7.30pm on the first Wednesday of every month (except August) in the Greet Hall.

Meetings are open to the public and public participation is actively encouraged. At the start of each meeting there is an open forum during which time members of the public can bring any issue of concern to them to the Council’s attention.

 

5866124705_fdd517fa97_b.jpg

Warborough


In 1086 Warborough was part of the large royal estate of Benson. The Church of England parish church of Saint Laurence was originally a chapel of the parish of Benson.

Warborough


In 1086 Warborough was part of the large royal estate of Benson. The Church of England parish church of Saint Laurence was originally a chapel of the parish of Benson.

The St. Laurence church has some of the finest stained glass in South Oxfordshire. 

6382615909_818a59acfe_o.jpg

Shillingford


Shillingford is a locality (technically a hamlet) on the north bank of the Thames in Warborough civil parish in South Oxfordshire, England.

Shillingford


Shillingford is a locality (technically a hamlet) on the north bank of the Thames in Warborough civil parish in South Oxfordshire, England.

At various times the river crossing at Shillingford has been a ford, a ferry or a bridge. The present bridge was built in 1827, replacing a previous one built in 1767.